Phone: 902 585 15672
- Concepts of Leisure
- Leisure Education
- Community Design and Active Living
- Community Program Design
- Environment and Sustainable Society
- Festival and Special Event Management
- Core Term Community Development Project
Scholarly Interests and Expertise
- Volunteerism and Community Development
- Occupational health and mental health of public safety personnel
- Post-traumatic stress and operational stress injuries
- Peer support mental health interventions in occupational settings
- Criminalization of mental illnesses
- International volunteerism
- Team Member, Fire Service of Nova Scotia- Critical Incident Stress Management Team
- Served as a Firefighter & Operator in Wolfville & Greenwich Volunteer Fire Departments for 10 years
- Fire Commissioner at Greenwich Volunteer Fire Department
- Volunteers with Halifax Regional Police Victim Services Unit
Did you know?
... Robin is currently working towards her PhD in Health at Dalhousie University focusing on the mental health and wellness of volunteer firefighters.
... Robin works for Peer Support Nova Scotia as their Community Mental Health Coordinator.
... Robin has worked on community development projects in Guyana, Ghana, The Gambia, Argentina, Belize, Peru, has travelled throughout the Caribbean working on a Tall Ship; and has backpacked across Canada and Europe.
...Robin ran in the Munich 2015 Half-Marathon for the Canadian Diabetes Association- Team Diabetes.