Phone: 902 585 1562
Office: CD House, 24 Highland Ave., 1st Floor
- Introduction to Public Safety and Community Development
- Concepts of Leisure
- Leisure Education
- Community Design and Active Living
- Community Program Design
- Environment and Sustainable Society
- Festival and Special Event Management
- Core Term Community Development Project
Scholarly Interests and Expertise
- Volunteerism and Community Development
- Occupational health and mental health of public safety personnel
- Post-traumatic stress and operational stress injuries
- Peer support mental health interventions in occupational settings
- Criminalization of mental illnesses
- International volunteerism
- Associate Researcher with FIREWELL (Firefighter Injury/Illness Remediation Enterprise: Work-participation that Enables Life & Livelihood)
- Team Member, Fire Service of Nova Scotia- Critical Incident Stress Management Team
- Served as a Firefighter & Operator in Wolfville & Greenwich Volunteer Fire Departments for 10 years
Did you know?
- Robin is currently working towards her PhD in Health at Dalhousie University focusing on the mental health and wellness of volunteer firefighters
- Robin has worked on community development projects in Guyana, Ghana, The Gambia, Argentina, Belize, Peru, has travelled throughout the Caribbean working on a Tall Ship; and has backpacked across Canada and Europe.
- Robin ran in the Munich 2015 Half-Marathon for the Canadian Diabetes Association- Team Diabetes.