Dr. Glyn Bissix
Program Head & Professor
- Investigating Sustainability: Research Methods
- Community Design and Active Living
- Recreation Resource and Environmental Management
- Policy, Planning and Decision-making
- Parks and Open Space Resource Development
Scholarly Interest and Expertise
- Healthy Active Living, Community Design & Government Policy
- Human Dimensions of Ecosystem Management
- Community Sustainability
- Visitor Services and Natural Parks Management
- Research Coordinator. Genuine Progress Index Kings County
- Past President and Secretary/Treasurer: Kieran Pathways Society
- Director: Greenways Nova Scotia.
- Committee Member: Valley Life Cycle (Promoting Physical Activity for Health).
Dept of Community Development
24 Highland Ave.
Wolfville, NS B4P 2R6
Phone: (902) 585.1123
Fax: (902) 585.1702
Did you know...
- Glyn tirelessly works for the development of an active transportation pathway from Wolfville to Kentville. He is an avid cyclist!
- Glyn is the co-author of the text “Integrated Resource & Environmental Management: The Human Dimension".
- Glyn led a field course for students in the Loch Lomond and the Trossachs National Park, Scotland in 2010 and 2014 and will return in 2017.
- Glyn has spearheaded working partnerships between Acadia University and the Las Cuevas Research Station in Belize, Central America, the Royal Botanical Gardens, Edinburgh, and Outward Bound Canada.
Education | Publications | Presentations