Dr. Glyn Bissix
Phone: (902) 585.1123
Office: CD House, 24 Highland Ave., 2nd Floor
- Investigating Sustainability: Research Methods
- Community Design and Active Living
- Natural Resource and Environmental Management
- Policy, Planning and Decision-making
- Parks and Open Space Resource Development
- Outdoor Recreation Management
Scholarly Interest and Expertise
- Healthy Active Living, Community Design & Government Policy
- Human Dimensions of Ecosystem Management
- Community Sustainability
- Visitor Services and Natural Parks Management
- Research Coordinator. Genuine Progress Index Kings County
- Past President and Secretary/Treasurer: Kieran Pathways Society
- Director: Greenways Nova Scotia.
- Committee Member: Valley Life Cycle (Promoting Physical Activity for Health).
Did you know...
- Glyn tirelessly works for the development of an active transportation pathway from Wolfville to Kentville. He is an avid cyclist!
- Glyn is the co-author of the text “Integrated Resource & Environmental Management: The Human Dimension".
- Glyn led a field course for students in the Loch Lomond and the Trossachs National Park, Scotland in 2010 and 2014, 2017 and will return in 2020.
- Glyn has spearheaded working partnerships between Acadia University and the Las Cuevas Research Station in Belize, Central America, the Royal Botanical Gardens, Edinburgh, and the Nova Scotia Nature Trust.