Dr. Mary Sweatman
Phone: (902) 585.1122
Office: CD House, 24 Highland Ave., 1st Floor
- Community Development
- Foundations of Leadership Theory and Practice
- Community Development Research Methods
- Community and Professional Engagement
- Concepts of Leisure
- Leisure Education Principles and Processes
- International Community Development
Scholarly Interests and Expertise
- Community-university partnerships that support student engagement
- Transformative learning, volunteerism and community engagement
- Youth and community engagement
- Recreation for mental health and community wellbeing
Did you know...
- Mary received the outstanding teacher of the year award from the Acadia Student Union based on her first year of teaching.
- Mary has taught and worked internationally with children in Katmandu (Nepal), Florence (Italy), and Cuenca (Ecuador).
- Mary is also trained as an elementary school teacher.
- Mary received the University Medal for Recreation Management, the Dr. Alex Wright Award, and the James D. Bayer Award as an undergraduate at Acadia.