Dr. John Colton
Community Development Graduate Program Coordinator
Head of Environmental & Sustainability Studies
Scholarly Interest & Expertise
Phone: (902) 585.1160
Did you know...
- John co-authored “ENERGY PROJECTS, SOCIAL LICENCE, PUBLIC ACCEPTANCE AND REGULATORY SYSTEMS IN CANADA: A WHITE PAPER”, a report sponsored by the School of Public Policy at the University of Calgary to encourage greater transparency and accountability in energy development.
- John co-authored the Community and Business Tidal Energy Toolkit and the Tidal Energy Community Engagement Handbook. He is a founding member of the Acadia Tidal Energy Institute.
- John teaches a Marine Renewable Energy course in Iceland for the University of the Westfjords Coastal Marine Management graduate program.
- John has worked with the Halifax Regional Municipality in training their staff on sustainability.
- John guides northern wilderness river expeditions in Alaska, the Yukon and Northwest Territories and British Columbia.
- John has worked for National Geographic as their sustainable tourism evaluator.